Saturday, January 11, 2020

Heaven's Gate


Hello and welcome back everyone,
The next day on Bali was excellent! My driver took me to the famous Gate of Heaven and to one of the famous water palaces. The Gate of Heaven is at the Lempuyang Temple. It is the highest temple on Bali and from the gate you have a view on the Agung volcano and it seems that you are in the heaven and look down on Bali. Of course it's a must do in Bali and a really nice place with a superb view but for me it was a little bit weird because there were a lot of people and everyone just stands in the line and waits to take picture in the gate but nobody really cared about the temple itself. And what is more, you have to wait there 4 hours to take a picture!! Can you imagine? Fortunately, I had to wait only 20 minutes because in the other way- I wouldn't have these amazing pictures ;)
After that great but also a little bit weird experience, my driver took me to the water palace and there was a very similar situation. Beautiful place, nice balinese architecture and a stunning palace with water around and fish and a lot of plants but... Again a lot of people waiting to take the perfect instagram picture. It was a little bit sad and I regret that I didn't see these places before, when Instagram wasn't so popular. 
All in all, it was great to see that and learn more about Bali. And as I said, nobody there really is interested in culture or architecture on Bali and everyone seems just there to take perfect pictures and show the world where they are.
That is all for today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment