Monday, November 11, 2019

Alhambra

Hi everyone! Today I will tell you about my trip to Granada and Alhambra.

The Alhambra is an old castle at a hill close to Granada. It was built in the time of the Moorish Emperor just like the Alcazaba in Malaga and includes different parts. One Part is the actual castle to fight against opponents. The other is called “Generalife”. It´s a garden and a palace. The architecture there is fascinating and something very different to other old European architecture. Definitely worth to visit. Depends at which time of the year you visit the Alhambra it can be very cold up on the hill. Of course, in July and August there is still very hot and exhausting to visit.

After Alhambra, I went to the city of Granada. An old Spanish town with the Moorish touch. In the center, there is the cathedral and shops, bars and restaurants around. I tried a typical Spanish lunch called “Patatas bravas”. Baked Potatoes slices with mayo and a hot sauce (but about the food I will talk in another post). It is very tasty and it is definitely a great snack after an exhausting day. After that, I went back to my hotel to rest and prepare for the next day trip. However, that will be the topic of my next blog. So be excited and watch out for the next episode.

Bye :)




 


No comments:

Post a Comment