Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Terrorist attacks

Hello!

Unfortunatelly, this time I won't write  about my fascinating journey across Sri Lanka. As you might heard, there were terrorists attacks in Sri Lanka. Almost 350 people died and many was hurt. The bombs exploded in 8 different places. The biggest attacks took place in three hotels in the centre of Colombo and in churches. I must admit that for me it was really shocking to hear that news and see those terrible pictures. Even more because it is just weeks ago that I have been in Kingsbury hotel which also was attacked. What is more, I just can't understand how is it possible because during my journey across Sri Lanka I met a lof of good, friendly and pleasant people. Tourism in this country lately has grown after a long War until 2009 so those attacks are very bad news. Two days after the attacks Colombo looked like a ghost town. From 8pm to 4am there was a curfew so the streets were empty. Nobody left their hme or hotel. I hope that it won't take a long time to rebuild this level of tourism but I am afraid, to be honest, that it is not so easy beacuse some people obviously started to be scared of travelling to this country. 
And what do you think? Anyone of you could dare to go there now?
See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment