Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Skiing lover

Hello again!
I hope you had an awesome start into the New Year 2019. Today I will continue my Travel Diary and this time I will take you to the Winter Wonderland of Czech Republic. I went there for a four day trip to Harrachov and Splinderuv mlyn for skiing. I love winter, snow and skiing, to be perfectly honest. I do it for almost 20 years! It was quite an anniversary for me this year. At the first day after arrive I went skiing at night. it is always other atmosphere when you go skiing at night. In Harrachov there was one track for night skiing opened from 4pm to 8pm. It was outstanding. The track was just close to the ski jumping hill. Did you know that Harrachov is one of only six cities in the world that has a ski flying hill?  Even there wasn´t any competition for many years, it is very impressive how big this hill is. And when it´s getting dark the ski flying hill is under lights and looks like it stands at the top of Harrachov. It's great to see. Another day I went skiing for almost the whole day on all other tracks in Harrachov. The longest one is 2200m long and it is very wild and goes trough the forest. The weather wasn´t so good that day and it was raining a lot but even in these conditions it was a great fun.
During last day I was in Splinderuv mlyn because I heard a lot about this place and its skiing tracks. And it was really impressive. Unoftunately, some tracks were closed because of ice but the opened ones were  very long and also had varoius levels of difficulty. I really recommend this place and I will return there for sure to check the other tracks.







No comments:

Post a Comment