Monday, April 15, 2019

Sigiriya

Hello everybody and welcome back!
This time I will continue my story about Asian trip around Sri Lanka. After an exhausting flight and exciting first day in Colombo, me and my group started to explore this amazing island and its beautiful nature. The first stop was Sigiriya - an ancient rock fortress located in the centre of Sri Lanka. Today, Sigiriya is a UNESCO listed World Heritage Site and it is also declared by UNESCO as the eighth wonder of the world. This monument of nature became a special one thanks to his history. Namely, it was a park and a rock of the former king of Sri Lanka.
During our trip, we climbed up this rock. We started in the early morning and even it was only 7 am, the weather wasn't favourable to us. On the one hand, the climbing was very exhausting but on the other hand, the view from the mountain was unbelievable. Everywhere we could see the jungle and the wild animals (like for example wild monkeys). I must admit that it was one of the highlights from the journey.
After a short break, we went to the next stop of our trip. What it was and how much I enjoyed it, I will tell you next time.


See you soon and I hope you like my photos!







1 comment: