Sunday, November 11, 2018

One day in Amsterdam

Hello my tourist lovers!

How did you spend your long weekend? Did you stay at home or maybe you visited your family? Did anyone leave out of the town? You can suppose  that when I have free days from my work and University I travel. This time I also didn't want to "waste" my free time. I went to one of my favourites cities in Europe- Amsterdam. 

In Holland I was a few times and not only the capital city charmed me so much (but about smaller cities I will write in another post). Anyway, Amsterdam is the place where I want to come back everytime it's possible. That's why last weekend I decided to go there. 

I suppose that everyone can agree with me that there is lasting list of things to do in Amsterdam. No matter how is the weather, you can enjoy with the city a lot. The first thing you should know about Amsterdam is fact that is famous for cycling. It is a way of life of many people because there is more bikes than people (more than 800,000 bicycles!!!) So if you want to explore the city's streets and canals, there is no better opportunity to travel by bike.

But If you choose a walk through the centre, you have to visit Amsterdam's independent shopping streets (where you can find vintage shops, some boutiques or stores with designer clothes or handmade cometics) and markets in the open air. In any case, remember to take a canal cruise. It lasts about an hour and you can explore Amsterdam's UNESCO protected canal ring and discover many curious facts about the city. 

And what about food?  If you get hungry, you should try Bitterballen- deep fried crispy meatballs or Thick Dutch Fries- served with many tasty toppings (my favourite is with peanut sauce, mayo and onions). And for dessert you have to try a stroopwafel- two thin layers of baked dough with a caramel syrup. I'm sure you will love it!

And of course, don't foget to take a photo with I amsterdam letters! ;)









No comments:

Post a Comment